Carol A. Kelly
Carol A. Kelly focuses her practices on matters involving insurance coverage, unfair claims practices litigation, medical malpractice and other types of professional liability claims, and commercial disputes. In addition, she counsels insurers on coverage issues and underwriting matters. She has argued numerous appeals before the Massachusetts Supreme Judicial Court, the Massachusetts Appeals Court, and the First Circuit Court of Appeals.
Ms. Kelly is an Adjunct Professor at Suffolk University Law School, where she has taught Medical Malpractice Law since 2001. In 2016, she was appointed by the Justices of the Massachusetts Supreme Judicial Court to serve as a member of the Massachusetts Board of Bar Examiners. She is a member of the Massachusetts Bar Association, and is a former co-chair of its Civil Litigation Section.
Ms. Kelly is the author of variety of course materials for Massachusetts Continuing Legal Education, the National Business Institute and the Massachusetts Bar Association. Before entering private practice, she served as a law clerk to Massachusetts Supreme Judicial Court Justice Joseph R. Nolan.
Ms. Kelly is admitted to practice before the state courts in Massachusetts and the United States District Court for the District of Massachusetts, and is a member of the bar of the Supreme Court of the United States and the First Circuit Court of Appeals. She is “AV Preeminent” Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory, has been selected as a Massachusetts/New England Super Lawyer annually since 2006, and is listed as a Best Lawyer in The Best Lawyer’s in America.
Ms. Kelly is a graduate of the College of the Holy Cross and Suffolk University Law School (J.D., cum laude), where she served as a Staff Member and Note Editor of the Suffolk University Law Review.
- Massachusetts Motor Vehicle Torts (Kantrovitz, ed.) Chapter 9, "Utilizing Experts in Motor Vehicle Litigation", MCLE, 1994
- Massachusetts Tort Law Manual (Melick, ed.) Chapter 11, "Misrepresentation", MCLE, 1999
- Massachusetts Liability Insurance Manual (Lepore, et al, eds.) Chapter 7, "Excess Insurance", MCLE, 2000
- Massachusetts Expert Witnesses (Lauriat and McHugh, eds.) Chapter 3, "Expert Discovery", MCLE, 2002
- Co-Author, Insurance Law: Third Party Coverage In Massachusetts, National Business Institute, Inc., 2002
- Assistant Editor, Traps for the Unwary, Massachusetts Bar Association, 4th ed., 1999